This will be cross posted all over the place but Service Pack 1 has now been released! Details from the PPS Technet Forum:
PerformancePoint Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (x86): http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=28B1F86B-B7F2-4215-8BC9-8F8507FF8831&displaylang=en
PerformancePoint Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (x64): http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=6245C354-9191-4C4D-8C0C-C10D6C778AF8&displaylang=en
PerformancePoint Server 2007 Evaluation Version (x86): http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=6372C24F-67DD-42DD-B034-748907B23420&displaylang=en
PerformancePoint Server 2007 Evaluation Version (x64): http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3ADAC793-DEF0-4BA8-A9AB-228979B8DB40&displaylang=en
What’s New for PerformancePoint Planning Server SP1
· Windows Server 2008 Support
· Add-in for Excel Performance Improvements – The Performance of opening reports and opening and refreshing workflow assignments is improved significantly.
· Add-in for Excel offers a new workbook option Clear Changes after workflow action – When you set this option to True, Add-in For Excel automatically clears any changes after the workflow action occurs when the form is used in an assignment. This improves performance of subsequent queries. However, if submission fails with this options set the user will be unable to resubmit the changes and the changes will be lost.
· Add-in for Excel offers a new workbook option Enable what-if analysis – When you set this option to True for a matrix, Add-in For Excel automatically performs what-if calculations that show the effect the change will have on an assignment if submitted. If False, no changes are applied to the matrix, this can help improve query performance.
· Annotations – Forms and Reports can now be created for models that have annotations disabled.)
· Workflow Assignments – Contributors can now use the discard action after submitting an assignment to clear the version of the form template they recently submitted allowing the most recently published version of the form template to be retrieved.
· User Dimension – Allows creation of dimension properties that link to the user dimension.
· Kerberos Support – The PPS Planning Service can now reside on the same IIS server as other IIS sites that also require Kerberos authentication.
· Data Import Wizard is decoupled from Microsoft Dynamics AX and works with any data provider – The data import wizard is now a generic data integration wizard that allows customers and partners to develop their own data providers to integrate source financial data. The PerformancePoint Server Data Integration Toolkit, provided by Microsoft, is a companion tool that provides a data integration framework. You can use this framework to create your own data providers. To obtain this toolkit, visit the following web site: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=117552&clcid=0x409
What you need to know about installing:
What’s New for PerformancePoint Monitoring Server SP1
· Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Support
· Default Display Conditions can be Created – It is now possible to add a default display condition report view (see related blog post also posted today)
· Multi-select Filter Enhancements – Multi-select Monitoring server filters now pass to multi-select SQL Server Reporting Services report parameters and Strategy Map views
· Time Intelligence Post Filter formula date corrections
o In some instances filters were passing a one day offset, this is resolved
o Date format of filter will now honor localized formats
· Negative numbers will not cause a text wrap in scorecards
· Dashboard filter performance improvements
· Expand/collapse functions work properly with hidden parent KPI members
· Tabular filter enhancements
· Limit of 1,000 characters in an MDX expression for KPIs has been removed
· No longer blocked from using SQL Server 2008 as a data source (NOTE: full support for 2008 is coming in SP2, we just won’t prevent you from running on it with SP1)
What you need to know about installing:
· The SP1 file MUST be installed on every PPS Monitoring Server in your environment
· The SP1 file MUST also be installed on every MOSS/WSS box that has the PPS Web Parts installed
· Dashboard designers should download the Dashboard Designer from the server again after the server has been upgraded